My Autobiography at 14 years and 10 mths

Topic: ArtFilm Studies
Paper type:
Sample donated:
Last updated: July 17, 2019

I am like one of the millions of bees that visit flowers, as I have relationships with new people. I buzz in and out of their lives. But my flower/life always seems so important and hectic- that everyone else’s worries seem minor in comparison to your bulging flower. I always remember that I am just one of the bees with a flower and everyone else’s lives are just as big and busy as yours ; if not more so. I suppose some people’s lives are like daisies: shy and timid but others are bright, big and bold. I would like to be a large pink and purple flower.

But I know I’m probably not.If I am honest I am somewhere in between but growing everyday. I am fourteen years old and I wonder what I have done with that time sometimes. I can remember the past four years well I’ve had many great times and experiences. But before that I can hardly remember anything only memories, triggered by photos and videos. The hazy childhood I remember was happy, joyful and carefree. I had everything I wanted without being spoilt. I was loved my family and cared for all the time.

Don't use plagiarized sources.
Get Your Custom Essay on "My Autobiography at 14 years and 10 mths..."
For You For Only $13.90/page!

Get custom paper

There was no time of sincere gloom during my childhood- no elderly relative died, no rabbit died (maybe because I have never had a rabbit) and no bad accidents.Nothing to scar me or affect me and the way I think and live for the rest of my life. My immediate family consists of my Mum who’s called Janet, Dad who’s called Dave and little brother called Andrew who is twelve. We all live together in Withybrook near Coventry. Mum works as a medical secretary at Walsgrave hospital in Coventry for a Professor- luckily she only works part time else we would never have any food or clean clothes! Because my Mum does everything- shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing….

….. the list goes on! I help but I am busy with other things most of the time.This is because my Dad works full time as a marketing director in Coventry.

When I say full time I mean full time – literally all the time! He goes at about 7. 30am -if not before and returns home at about 9. 00pm! At the weekend though my dad does do his region of jobs though – outside! This includes gardening, mowing the lawn, washing the car, painting the fence or hacking down the bushes!! As well as walking the dog twice a day! Then when we have the chance we try to squeeze in a trip to the gym. As you can see we all have a very busy life as well as a million other commitments!My dog is called Tarka who is six years old and his breed is a German Short- Haired Pointer.

One of my first ever memories occurred when I was four years old. I was in reception at school and in the November of that first year we moved house. We were currently living in ‘Ullesthorpe’ near Lutterworth. Ullesthorpe was a large village with a big, impersonal Infant School. I can remember thinking how ugly the school buildings were, it wasn’t what I was used to. I never felt settled there and I couldn’t understand why we had to commence lessons at a certain time or why, when the bell went, it was time to play in the playground.

I never have like being ruled by the clock. I did have a friendly teacher called ‘Mrs Leah ‘For the first week she let us bring a teddy to school and keep them in our drawers with our books. After the first week I still wanted to bring my teddy, at first she let me but a couple of weeks into term I found out she suggested to my mum I didn’t bring it any more because I would never detach myself from Mum or it or home. My Mum thought this was a bit stupid as a teddy comforted me at school but she went along with Mrs. Leah and I couldn’t take him again. I was very upset because at that age a teddy symbolised home and safety.Even though I never settled at that school I still didn’t want to have to go through the whole process again. I was devastated and it totally threw me I felt like I had just made friends and I had to leave them.

Now I feel so glad we moved and I changed schools because I never would have settled in that school because it didn’t suit me. We moved to Withybrook near Coventry it is just over ten miles away from Ullesthorpe. Withybrook is a tiny, peaceful village; I am still living there today. The house has much more room and a larger garden. My new School was called ‘St Josephs’.

It was in Monks Kirby about two and a half miles from Withybrook.My first memory of that school was when I walked into a lesson with my Mum and the teacher introduced me to the class. At that school I made two new best friends called ‘Rose O’Keeffe and Nikki Bilson’ Rose is still my best friend and I am still in contact with her. Although I was nervous about starting I quickly grew to love school and ‘St Josephs’. I never got into trouble and learned a lot.

I became musical and as I picked up recorder playing so quickly at a very young age I was soon learning the violin. At Easter and Christmas we put on concerts for our parents they were superbly high in quality for children of a young age.I enjoyed playing my instruments, singing and acting for these.

We went on many fun outings and did lots of fun activities. In the summer we swam in the outdoor swimming pool instead of lessons. By the time I was in year two at infant school. St Josephs was so low in numbers it was decided it had to be closed at the end of the year. I was very so disappointed because for year three I had to go to a new school down the road called ‘The Revel’ Compared to St Josephs I hated the Revel but it was ok, as all my old friends came to Primary school with me and there were other new children to be friends with.Throughout this time I was still best friends with Rose but I made new friends such as Michelle and Leanne. Rose and I had lot in common we both played the violin and recorder. We also saw each other a lot outside school as our mums were friends.

At the end of year three, Rose’s Dad lost his job and Rose had to move away to Cornwall. I was devastated but I am still in contact with her and I still see her. In year four my other best friend Nikki moved away and changed schools.

I felt isolated my two best friends had both moved away within a matter of months. Even though I had other friends it wasn’t the same and I missed Rose.The rest of primary school is a blur. Most of my memories are about the 11+ examination; preparing for it and taking it. I wanted to come to Rugby High School and when I found I had succeeded was so excited. I first sat on a pony when I was about three years old as my whole family has been enthusiastic about horses and ponies. Throughout my childhood I have had continuing lessons. Several times I have wanted a pony dearly and have longed for one.

When I was little I even felt I could keep one in the garden. I was ignorant then of a pony’s needs and all the hard work and money that went in to looking after them.My Mum had tried to explain this to me as she had kept horses when she was a child but I couldn’t see it. I just wanted to be able to ride on my own when I wanted. I look back now and see how hard it would have been, I don’t have enough time as it is! I still ride now but not very often as I don’t have time to. When I was about seven I started German lessons outside school. I attended these because I had German cousins whom I am very close to.

Even though they do speak fluent English my parents felt it would be beneficial for me to start learning a language at an early age. I was the youngest and only girl in the group at Coventry University.I enjoyed lessons but not the homework which my uncle assisted me with. I spent two years learning German before the course broke down because of number shortages. When I was little I enjoyed going to Germany to visit my elder cousins who were two and three years older than me. But that didn’t matter.

My Family caught a plane from Birmingham and flew to Munich. From Munich my Aunt picked us up and we drove to their house -two and a half hours away. My cousins’ house is in a small town called Wemding. We had lots of fun cycling around the town on our own and going to the lake which you could swim in.Every morning we used to go and get fresh bread rolls for breakfast from the nearest bakers in town.

Sometimes we slept in a tent in the garden and had midnight feasts. I loved my cousins and the time I spent in Germany, every time we left to go home I cried. As we got older though our cousins did too and didn’t really want to play what we did. They were older and wanted to do different things and we were too young. We started going to Germany every other year instead. Although we still saw them in Wales.

Since I was about six my whole family have been to Wales for a week in May.This included my immediate family, my cousins their Mum and Dad, my Nanny and Granddad and my other Aunt and Uncle. We go to a little holiday village called Gilfach which is a couple of miles south of the picturesque seaside town of Aberaron. The reason we go there was because my Mum, Aunt and Uncle went there every year when they were little. They used to holiday there because each day you could go out on hacks on ponies and the loved ponies as they had their own at home.

It became like a second home to them and it is now to me too. Everyday whilst we were there I played with my cousins and went riding with them.Though the riding is somewhat tamer than it was thirty years ago for my Mum!! Tarka, our dog also goes and he loves it there because he can play on the beach and watch seagulls! Today we still go to Gilfach and I like going but I am getting a bit old now. This year when we went it wasn’t so good though because my cousins and their Mum and Dad didn’t come. They felt Paul and Kathrin were too old now to go, and Paul and Kathrin thought it boring. I was very hurt as I was fourteen and I knew what Paul and Kathrin meant but we could still have a good time chatting and playing, even if it wasn’t the same as when we were younger.I thought they would still come even if it was only to see us or our Nanny and Granddad who only got to see them one week a year.

I thought they cared about us enough to see us once a year. But now I haven’t seen them for over a year. I understand that it’s hard to arrange to come over and stay with someone. I know they would like to stay at home with their friends but I thought that they would come over at least to see Nanny and Granddad who aren’t as young as they used to be.I started Rugby High School in 2000 and I loved it. Now I’m in year 10 and it’s totally the opposite.

But hey what can you expect? No kids like school and homework and more homework and a bit more homework!!! In the future I don’t know what I want to do at all and everyone else does! I don’t even have any ideas, actually that is not entirely truthful – I do they are just I bit far fetched! What I do know is that I want to earn lots of money in I job I love and mostly to be happy! I hope that’s not too hard!I would love to get married on a beach in the sun somewhere exotic and because I would earn lots of money I would be able to pay for my friends and family to fly out there for the wedding too! At the moment I am studying three languages-German, French and Spanish. So I may do something with languages. As I said before I am not sure. Any way at present I am a bee with a flower who is trying to reach the top of the hill. I can see that it is a long way to the bottom of the hill where I started but there is an even further way to go.

Choose your subject


I'm Jessica!

Don't know how to start your paper? Worry no more! Get professional writing assistance from me.

Click here